Black Rock Retreat’s Low Ropes Course contains eighteen different elements consisting of cables, ropes and wooden structures which are only a few
feet off the ground. Members of the group serve as “spotters” as a climber traverses the element.
The three hour program begins with a time of team building where our focus is teamwork and we incorporate your goals. During this teambuilding time our facilitators get a chance to know the group members and begin to see what low elements will best challenge and help develop the group.
- Ages 12 and up
- 3 hours
- Minimum group size: 8 participants
- Cost: $15 per person
Through a Challenge Ropes Course experience, your group will have the opportunity to develop:
- Increased confidence and self-esteem
- Increased mutual support within your group
- Problem solving and goal setting skills
- Decision making abilities, leadership, and trust in each other
- Appreciation and respect for differences in your group
Throughout the experience, our facilitators are focused on safety and enabling the group to meet their goals for the experience. Facilitators lead debriefing discussions during the experience, relating the ropes course activities to everyday life and to our relationship with God.
Who May Participate?
The Challenge Ropes Course is perfect for:
- School Groups & Field Trips
- Christian Organizations
- Youth Groups
- Sports Teams
- Colleges and Universities
- Leadership Teams
- Missions Team
- Any group wanting to challenge themselves and work better together as a team!
We require a minimum group size of eight participants, and can accommodate up to a maximum of 120 participants, with special arrangements.
Make your plans today
While groups come for many different reasons, we know you have a goal in mind for your group. Our goal at Black Rock Retreat is to support and help guide you as you look at ways you can achieve those goals. All activities are “group focused” and can include your group’s goals and theme.