Black Rock Retreat has both a High Ropes Challenge Course and a Low Ropes Course in Lancaster County, PA.
The Low Ropes Course contains 18 different elements consisting of cables, ropes, and wooden structures which are only a few
feet off the ground. Members of the group serve as “spotters” as a climber traverses the element.
Through our Challenge Ropes Course experience, your group will have the opportunity to develop:
- Increased confidence and self-esteem
- Increased mutual support within your group
- Problem-solving and goal setting skills
- Decision-making abilities, leadership, and trust in each other
- Appreciation and respect for differences in your group
The 3-hour program begins with a time of team building, where our focus is on teamwork and incorporating your specific goals. During this team building time, our facilitators get a chance to know the group members and begin to see what low elements will best challenge and help develop the group.
Throughout the experience, our facilitators are focused on safety and enabling the group to meet their goals for the experience. Facilitators lead debriefing discussions during the experience, relating the ropes course activities to everyday life and to our relationship with God.
- Ages: 12 and up (the greatest benefits of the challenge ropes course are realized with people who are in adolescence or beyond)
- Time: 3 hours
- Minimum group size: 10 participants
- Cost: $16 per person
- Discount – Overnight guests pay only $15 per person when booking more than 30 days in advance!
- See our ropes course FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
What Type of Group is This For?
The Challenge Ropes Course is perfect for:
- School Groups & Field Trips
- Christian Organizations
- Church Youth Groups
- Sports Teams
- Colleges and Universities
- Leadership Teams
- Mission Trip Teams
- Any group of 10+ wanting to challenge themselves and work better together as a team!
We require a minimum group size of eight participants, and can accommodate up to a maximum of 120 participants, with special arrangements (just contact us).
Similar Activities Include:
Make your plans today
While groups come for many different reasons, we know you have specific goals in mind. At Black Rock Retreat, our goal is to help guide you as you look for ways to achieve those goals on your day-long or overnight retreat. All activities are group-focused and can include your group’s goals and theme. To help with the planning, we also offer programmed retreat activities. Here’s a list of our recreation facilities and other retreat facilities.
Click here to tell us about your group’s goals and we’ll help you create a fun experience for your group!