Any group wanting to challenge themselves, learn to work together better as a team, and have a unique bonding experience will enjoy the high ropes course at Black Rock Retreat in Lancaster County, PA. (If your group doesn’t like heights, check out our low ropes course.)
Through our Challenge Ropes Course experience, your group will have the opportunity to develop:
- Increased confidence and self-esteem
- Increased mutual support within your group
- Problem-solving and goal setting skills
- Decision-making abilities, leadership, and trust in each other
- Appreciation and respect for differences in your group
A single session lasts 3.5 hours, either in the morning or the afternoon. The time starts with a short team building activity and ends with a time of debriefing the experience.
Throughout the experience, our facilitators are focused on safety and enabling the group to meet their goals for the experience. Facilitators lead debriefing discussions during the experience, relating the ropes course activities to everyday life and to our relationship with God.
- Ages: 12 and up (the greatest benefits of the challenge ropes course are realized with people who are in adolescence or beyond)
- Weight Limit: 250 lbs
- Time: 3.5 hours (morning or afternoon)
- Minimum Group Size: 10 participants
- Cost: $29 per person
- Discount – Overnight guests pay only $27 per person when booking more than 30 days in advance!
- See our ropes course FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Course elements are 25 to 35 feet off the ground; participants wear appropriate safety gear and are attached to the course by a belay system. If heights aren’t your thing, check out our low ropes challenge course.
What Type of Group is This For?
The Challenge Ropes Course is perfect for:
- School Groups & Field Trips
- Christian Organizations
- Church Youth Groups
- Sports Teams
- Colleges and Universities
- Leadership Teams
- Mission Trip Teams
- Any group of 10+ wanting to challenge themselves and work better together as a team!
Make your plans today
While groups come for many different reasons, we know you have specific goals in mind. At Black Rock Retreat, our goal is to help guide you as you look for ways to achieve those goals on your day-long or overnight retreat. All activities are group-focused and can include your group’s goals and theme. To help with the planning, we also offer programmed retreat activities. Here’s a list of our recreation facilities and other retreat facilities.
Click here to tell us about your group’s goals and we’ll help you create a fun experience for your group!