Black Rock Retreat’s High Ropes Course elements are twenty-five to thirty-five feet off the ground. A single session lasts three and a half hours, either in the morning or the afternoon. Participants wear appropriate safety gear and are attached to the course by a belay system. The time will start with a short team building activity and end with a time of debriefing the experience.
- Ages 12 and up, 250lb weight limit
- 3.5 hours
- Minimum group size: 8 participants
- Cost: $24 per person
Through a Challenge Ropes Course experience, your group will have the opportunity to develop:
- Increased confidence and self-esteem
- Increased mutual support within your group
- Problem solving and goal setting skills
- Decision making abilities, leadership, and trust in each other
- Appreciation and respect for differences in your group
Throughout the experience, our facilitators are focused on safety and enabling the group to meet their goals for the experience. Facilitators lead debriefing discussions during the experience, relating the ropes course activities to everyday life and to our relationship with God.
Who May Participate?
The Challenge Ropes Course is perfect for:
- School Groups & Field Trips
- Christian Organizations
- Youth Groups
- Sports Teams
- Colleges and Universities
- Leadership Teams
- Missions Team
- Any group wanting to challenge themselves and work better together as a team!
We require a minimum group size of eight participants, and can accommodate up to a maximum of 50 participants at a time.
The greatest benefits of the challenge ropes course are realized with people who are in adolescence or beyond. Therefore, participants must be in 6th grade or above (age 12 through adult).
Make your plans today
While groups come for many different reasons, we know you have a goal in mind for your group. Our goal at Black Rock Retreat is to support and help guide you as you look at ways you can achieve those goals. All activities are “group focused” and can include your group’s goals and theme.