This element takes a childhood past-time to a whole new level! After being clipped in, a pull-team will lift you 35 feet into the air. When you are ready, you will release the pull-team’s rope and swing almost 60 feet back and forth through the air!
- Ages: 12 and up
- Weight Limit: 250lb
- Cost: $120 per hour or included with our High Ropes Program
- This standalone activity is only available to Overnight Guests of Black Rock Retreat
- 12 Giant Swing riders per hour (Estimate)
- See our ropes course FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Similar Activities Include:
Frequently Asked Questions
- How big is the giant swing at Black Rock Retreat?
This swing is designed to take participants up to 35 feet in the air, before releasing and allowing you to swing over 60 feet back and forth through the air!
- What are the requirements for the giant swing?
Riders must be under 250lbs, and at least 12 years old. Pregnant women should not participate.
- How many people can ride the giant swing?
12 Giant Swing riders per hour (Estimate).
- How should I dress for the giant swing?
Required attire includes CLOSED-TOE, CLOSED-HEEL SHOES (i.e. sneakers; NO sandals or Crocs), and ALL JEWELRY MUST BE REMOVED. Wear comfortable pants, sweats, or long-styled shorts, and long t-shirts. Remember to dress for the weather because we will be outside all day. We also recommend that you bring tick repellent, a hat, sunscreen, and a water bottle.
Make your plans today
While groups come for many different reasons, we know you have specific goals in mind. At Black Rock Retreat, our goal is to help guide you as you look for ways to achieve those goals on your day-long or overnight retreat. All activities are group-focused and can include your group’s goals and theme. To help with the planning, we also offer programmed retreat activities. Here’s a list of our recreation facilities and other retreat facilities.
Click here to tell us about your group’s goals and we’ll help you create a fun experience for your group!