Small Group Getaways
Black Rock Retreat offers the perfect location for you to host your group getaway. Perfect for churches and small groups to host special events, or just get away, slow down from everyday life, enjoy the beauty of God’s creation, and connect.
Open year-round (including winter!).
Weekday & Weekend Availability
Contact Guest Services: 717.529.3389 or email us
Small Group Retreats Include:
Our comfortable facilities have your small group retreat members covered. From peaceful lodging, to accessible event spaces, our Christian retreat center will make your getaway a memorable experience.
- Meeting Space – A welcoming indoor space with plenty of natural light that accommodates social events, corporate retreat meetings, and worship.
- Retreat Center rooms – Retreat rooms include private bathrooms and linens. Tailor your lodging options to your needs, and let us handle the rest. Your options include:
- Marantha Retreat Center – up to 60 Hotel-style queen or single sized layouts with air conditioning – wheelchair accessibility available.
- Dogwood Motel – 12 rooms with air conditioning and private balconies facing the Pennsylvania woods of Southern Lancaster County.
- Whip-Poor-Will Lodge – This cozy cabin is great for winter retreats, and comfortably sleeps up to 12 people! Inside you’ll find a gas fireplace, two private bedrooms and a loft. Air conditioning, kitchenette.
- Large Bunk Cabins – 6 cabins nestled in the shade of tall trees that sleep up to 12 people bunk bed style. Heated in the winter, but without A/C in the summer due to the amount of shade these cabins enjoy. Linens and towels are not included.
- Bunk Cabins – More numerous, yet smaller than our Large Bunk Cabin – each sleeps 10 in bunk beds. With heat in the colder months, and ceiling fans for summer, there’s one bathroom per cabin. Great for youth groups or school event.
- Delicious meal packages will take the stress out of preparing food for your group.
How to Book: Call 717.529.3389 or email us
Outdoor and Indoor Activities
What is there to do?
Black Rock Retreat offers delicious meal packages that will add to your weekend experience. Meals will be served in our dinning hall.
5-meal Packages include Saturday breakfast through Sunday lunch
Check-In & Check Out Times
Check-out: 10am from your lodging, 1pm from your meeting room
FAQs About Small Group Getaways
- Are you open year-round?
Yes! Our retreat center is open in Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall.
- Can larger groups come for retreats?
Yes. Whether you’re a church group, looking to host a conference, or simply have a smaller group that wants to getaway, Black Rock Retreat can accommodate your group! We’ll work with you to customize the experience to fit your specific goals and budgetary needs. Learn more about larger group retreats here.
- What types of groups typically come for retreats?
Here are some of the most common types of retreats that are hosted at Black Rock:
- Small Group Getaways
- Church Retreats
- Youth Group Retreats
- Marriage Retreats
- Men’s Retreats
- Women’s Retreats
- Large Group Retreats
- Christian School Overnight Field Trips
- Homeschool Overnight Field Trips
- Public School Overnight Field Trips
- Family Retreats, Reunions & Getaways
- Pastor’s Retreats
- Business Retreats
- Non-Profit Organization Retreats
Learn more about group retreats in Pennsylvania at Black Rock.