Jr. Servant-Leadership Team at Blast Day Camp
Registration Open Now!
Are you looking for something meaningful to do this summer? Are you up for a challenge? Are you ready to learn how to deepen your relationship with Jesus? Have you outgrown Day Camp as a camper and want to help behind the scenes to make the summer amazing for other campers? Are you interested in making some great friends? Well, Black Rock Retreat has an all-new program that includes all of this and more!
Jr. Servant-Leadership Team (JSL) is a Christ-centered, service-oriented team for campers entering 7th-9th grade. As such, the following will be the key components of the program:
- Bible study with the JSL counselor
- Daily Devotionals/book reading on your own
- Service – JS Leaders will learn to lead like Jesus as they serve alongside a Day Camp Counselor, helping them set up, facilitate, and participate in all of the activities of Day Camp
- Interacting with and helping the campers, while showing them the love of Jesus.
All campers in attendance will receive a complimentary t-shirt, water bottle, journal, and a copy of that summer’s devotional book.
Campers entering 7th-9th grade in the Fall. Prior attendance in our Day Camp program is helpful, but not required.
Each session, the JSL team will host 10 campers.
JSL teammates are selected from applicants after completing our online application and a short interview. This program runs concurrently with our Blast Day Camp, and individuals are welcome to apply to as many weeks as they would like to, but space is limited, so don’t delay! Only one application & interview, per person, is required.
- Log into your registration account (or create one for the first time) and select the session(s) that your camper would like to attend. Look for programs titled “Junior Servant Leadership” in each of our Day Camp sessions. Each session has a very similar structure, however, the theme activities and devotional topics will vary week to week, so your camper will have a unique experience each session they attend.
- Complete all necessary forms and update information as needed in your camper’s registration account.
- Once all form information is completed, our staff will be in touch to schedule a short (5-10 minute) phone interview with the camper. This helps our staff learn a bit more about the camper, gain insight into why they are interested in participating in the program, prior camp experience(s), etc.
- After the phone interview, our staff will be in touch with next steps. Upon acceptance into the program, the registration fee will be charged to your camper’s account. The minimum deposit is non-refundable and is required to complete registration.
For more information, call us at 717-529-3232 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will begin selecting our Jr. Servant Leaders in early April.
For more details about our day camp program schedule and activities, please visit our main Day Camp Page Here.
|Week 1: LOST!||June 12-16||M-F||$80|
|Week 2: I Think I Can!||June 19-23||M-F||$80|
|Week 3: Curtain Call||June 26-30||M-F||$80|
|Week 4: Wowzers!||July 3-7||M-F||$80|
|Week 5: My Favorite Color is Dirt||July 10-14||M-F||$80|
|Week 6: Super Sleuths||July 17-21||M-F||$80|
|Week 7: Around the World||July 24-28||M-F||$80|
|Week 8: Splish, Splash, Squirts||July 31-August 4||M-F||$80|
Upon acceptance into the program, a $40 non-refundable minimum deposit is required to complete your registration.
Check out our Discipleship & Service Crew page for campers ages 14-17 looking to help serve behind the scenes in our overnight camp program.