Black Rock Retreat is looking for qualified individuals to teach in our Outdoor Education program.
We are currently looking for both Resident Staff (8 months on site- housing included) and part-time (as needed) staff for our Spring season (April through the end of May), Summer season (June through August) and Fall season (September through mid-November).
Experience and/or background in Education, Biology, and Youth Ministry is preferred, however the most important requirement is the desire to impact the lives of young people by sharing the love and gospel of Jesus Christ.
Major Responsibilities for Resident Staff Include:
- Teaching Outdoor Education classes including survival, ecology, creek studies, geocaching and more.
- Facilitating our High Ropes Course, Low Ropes course and team building initiatives
- Running Laser tag, archery and other exciting activities
- Occasionally Speaking, leading worship (if that is how your gifted) and sharing your testimony with students
- Guest services for our school groups
- Life Guarding (we offer certification at no cost to you and paid hourly)
- Working with our nature center animals and sharing them with students of all ages
(for a complete list of responsibilities request a job description using the email below)
Please contact Jon Hill at 717-529-3397 or email us for more information.