Summer Camp 2019 is right around the corner and as a partner with this ministry, you and your family are invited to a special gathering where you can meet this year’s Summer Camp Staff.
June 9th is a special day here at Black Rock Retreat. On that day the Summer Camp Staff will have completed two weeks of intensive training. The next day begins with the first week of summer camp. To celebrate this day of transition, Black Rock Retreat is hosting a special Commissioning Service where you can meet these young people and participate in a special prayer of dedication for them and all the children who will participate in camp this summer. In addition to meeting the 2019 Summer Camp Staff, you might also meet some former Summer Camp Staff and hear a story or two about the impact that Black Rock Retreat has made in their lives. If interested, you can also arrive early for a special camp tour with our Executive Director and Development Director. Below is a schedule of events:
Sunday, June 9
3-4pm – Self-Guided Activities and Camp Tours
- Visit the Nature Center and see live animals
- Swim or relax at the pool
- Play disc golf or sand volleyball
- Take a tour of the grounds including the recently constructed Oakwood Chapel and Dining Hall
4:00pm – Meet the 2019 Summer Camp Staff and participate in a prayer of dedication
5:30pm – Dinner prepared by our Executive Chef in Oakwood Dining Hall (registration is required – cost is $15 per person)
We hope you are able to join us on this special day of celebrating God’s amazing work in the lives of our Summer Camp Staff.
Hope to see you there!
- Drop in, or come for the whole time!
- There is no cost to attend the afternoon activities, but please RSVP below if you plan on attending!
- The dinner following the commissioning service costs $15 per person and pre-registration is required.
- When you arrive you may park by either the Oakwood Chapel and Dining Hall or the pool – depending on where you would like to go first!
- Summer Camp Staff Commissioning and Buffet Dinner
June 9, 2019
3:00 pm - 6:00 pm