Welcome To The Observatory....
Select the date below to book an available time for your group.
|Dates||10 am||Noon||2 pm||4 pm||6 pm||8 pm|
|Dec. 12th||–||–||–||Sold Out||Sold Out||Sold Out|
|Dec. 13th||–||–||–||Open||Sold Out||Open|
|Dec. 15th||–||–||–||Open||Sold Out||Sold Out|
|Dec. 16th||Open (4)||Sold Out||Sold Out||Sold Out||Sold Out||Sold Out|
Welcome to the observatory of the Wise Men of the East! A new king has been announced by an astonishing astronomical sign! The renowned Wise Men have left on a thousand mile trek to find this new king. Alas! They left without the treasured gifts which had been prepared for him. Your band of astronomy apprentices will be tasked with first of all finding, and then unlocking, the three treasures by use of your greatest problem solving skills. The gifts may then be rushed to the Wise Men in order to continue their journey to greet the new king.
We just wanted to take a minute and let you know how much we enjoyed the escape room. Everything went flawlessly and was lots of fun. We are baffled how anyone can put together those puzzles. It was a great challenge and we were thankful to have the gentle guidance provided by your staff member. Well done!! We hope you will host it again next year! Thank you. - The Cornerstone Chics (Cornerstone Community Church of women’s group) Lampeter, PA
Excuse Me...I Have A Question!
- How much does it cost?
The cost is $20 per person. Reservations are necessary and walk-ins are not accepted.
Booking is done on-line only through the EVENT PAGES of our website, where you will:
- Choose the date and time that you would like to participate.
- Enter the number of people you wish to book in your party. All rooms can be regularly booked for 8 people.
If you book a whole room (all 8 spots), you have the option of adding 1-4 more spots when you show up.
- Complete the payment information for checkout.
The booking system will drop your booking if you have not made payment within 24 hours.
- How many people can play at the same time?
Our room is designed for 8 participants. Larger groups can add up to 4 people at the time of your event (you must have paid in advance for all 8 spots first) The additional slots will cost $20 per person.
- If I only have a couple of people in my group, will we be placed with strangers to fill the time slot?
If you reserve less than the full amount of spaces for the room, there is a chance you will be placed with other people in a session. To guarantee a room exclusively to yourselves, you need to buy all of the spots.
- What are your regular booking hours?
Sunday – Friday: 4-9pm
To book during regular hours, you need to select a time to visit us based on availability. If you want to reserve a time outside of regular hours, please see our additional info on PRIVATE GROUP BOOKINGS.
PRIVATE GROUP BOOKINGS: During regular hours, private groups of 12 or less can book one room through the Events page of our online reservation system. Select a time that has 8 slots available for participants to see which rooms have the entire room available. After booking all 8 spots, you can add 1-4 extra spots. These extra participants after the first 8 are also $20 each!
- How early should we arrive for our game?
Please plan to arrive 15 minutes before your start time, but no more than 20! This is essential. You must arrive on time to participate. When you arrive, you will receive a quick briefing on the game. Then the fun begins! You will be locked in the room and will have 45 minutes to get out.
- Can I cancel or reschedule after I have booked?
RESCHEDULING: You can reschedule (change your date and time) up to 4 days in advance of your booking time. In order to reschedule, follow the “View/Change Booking” link on the bottom of the confirmation email you received when you first booked.
CANCELLING: Unfortunately, due to how our booking system works with availability, there are no refunds or exchanges for participants who cancel or show up late.
- I want to do this as a celebration for a birthday, anniversary, or holiday party and have a special message put in the room. Do I need to book a “Private Party” for that?
All you need to do is reserve a room entirely to yourselves (minimum of 8 participants). If you desire to place something material in the room (a ring, photos, or message), either arrange to drop it off beforehand or slip it to one of our employees before your game starts.
- Are you handicap accessible?
We are ADA compliant. While some clues are hidden and involve crouching, there is no climbing. Most clues involve observing and making connections rather than physical maneuvering.
SERVICE DOGS: Please email us when you are planning to book if you will be bringing a Service Dog, so that we can ensure that we are accommodating you.
- Can children participate?
Many children love to solve puzzles and clues. The rooms have puzzles that may be difficult for children. We do not restrict the age of children, but we do recommend that they are age 10 and above.
- Are we really locked inside the room?
Not really. There is a clear entrance that would also serve as an emergency exit with access to restrooms. The entrance however is not the exit, so… that’s all we’ll say about that.
- What should we bring with us?
You only need to bring your best wits and puzzle-solving ability. Wear anything you are comfortable in, but the most physical activity you will be engaging in may be squatting down or getting on your knees to get a closer look at something. If you wear reading glasses, it is advisable to bring them. You may not use your cell phone in the room.
- What happens if we don’t escape in time?
It’s a challenging game and many get close but do not get out in time. At the end of 60 minutes, the moderator will unlock the room. You can ask questions. We ask that you do not reveal the answers to others that have not yet participated.
- Where are you located? Is parking available?
Black Rock Retreat’s Escape Room is located in the Nature Center on campus (1345 Kirkwood Pike, Quarryville, Pa 17566). When you arrive on campus, take a right at the Administration Building and head straight back to the pool parking lot. Look for signs to lead you to where you need to go.
- The surest way to escape is by communicating openly with everyone else in the room. Share clues you’ve uncovered. Work together to make connections. If you discover new information, be sure everyone in the room knows about it.
- Follow the rules. Our staff will review the rules of the game with you before you begin, which include:
– There is no need to lift heavy objects.
– Never use force to try to open locked items or remove décor.
– Cell phones and other electronic devices must remain off and cannot be used inside the room.
– There are no clues hidden in any electrical outlets.
– You do not need to climb on anything to get clues.
Do not guess combinations! Combinations have meanings from the game that need to be figured out. Obvious numbers in the room are most likely not combinations.
Keep the games a mystery! Please do not reveal clues or answers to others.